Thursday 29 March 2012

Got the angle grinder out after work tonight, cut a chunk off the back end and shortened the seat.

I will be getting rid of the rear foot pegs and make an exhaust hanger

I kind of like the side panels, still not sure if I should keep them?

I need to tidy up the back of the seat and decide if I want a cafe racer hump or something else

I am going for an overall rat look to the bike, which will mean getting some heavy duty paint stripper on the petrol tank for the bare metal look! The bike has a lot rust but nothing terminal. I think its known in the trade as patina!! All the bikes I used to own were rat bikes. I'm just after a cheap'ish fun bike that looks different to the normal run of the mill shiny plastic factory bikes.
I still have to sort the brakes, fork seals and take the swing arm off for a clean, but not too clean! But thats in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment