Tuesday, 5 June 2012

back to it!

I have finally stopped moving and building sheds. That's all I seem to have done for the last 3 weeks!

I have made a tail piece for the Honda out of aluminium, as it's easy to bend. I first made a cardboard template and messed around with it until it looked right. I then drew around it onto the sheet of 1.5mm aluminium and cut it out with a jigsaw.

I have a handy metal drainpipe at the side of the house, and used it to bend the aluminium around to get the required shape I was after. A bit of de-burring and brushing to give it a dull look and it didn't take too long for it to look reasonable.

I have got an old VFR400 rear light I want to use but need to find a better way of mounting it all together.

I have also had to replace the front master cylinder seal as I noticed it leaking a few days after re-building the front brake.


I might get a day off next week, if it's not raining I might pour paint stripper over the petrol tank!