Saturday 10 March 2012

Finally got the bike started yesterday. Super clean carbs, new spark plugs, fresh petrol and fresh battery.


It was a bit smokey to start with but the bikes been stood for 5 years!!!


Next job was to sync the carbs up. I borrowed a Carbtune from a friend. Getting the screws out to fix the hoses was a pain. I had to remove the carbs again to get to the little blighters, then buying longer screwdrivers didn't work. Out came the mole grips, this worked without to much damage to the screw heads, I didn't have to resort to the Dremel!! but got there in the end! The carbs were way out. It didn't take to long to get it right. The carbtune is an excellent bit of kit.

I then rode it down the road and back and the CB1 was running perfect, trying not to use the brakes as they seize on solid as soon as you touch the levers!

I will now start stripping down the brakes........

No comments:

Post a Comment